Are you keen to get away for the weekend to lovely Noosa but stuck with no carer for your dog? Well, don’t stress! There are no several camping grounds in and around Noosa that are pet-friendly, so now you and your pet can enjoy a magical time away on the coast.
Noosa Caravan Park
As of November 2018, Noosa Caravan park now allows dogs on their Powered Caravan & Camping Sites. So no need to leave your furry friend at home or the kennels, they too can join in the fun at Noosa and the surrounds. There are plenty of dog-friendly parks and beaches to enjoy all close to the caravan park. There is still a pet policy to adhere to so make sure you have a read before making any bookings.
The Noosa Caravan Park is located at 143 Moorindil Street Tewantin and is only a short drive from the Noosa River and nearby beaches. The park contains a range of cabins, powered and unpowered camping sites.
*dogs are not allowed in cabins
Facilities at the park include:
- Camp kitchen & Barbeques
- TV area
- Games and recreation room
- FREE Wi-Fi (conditions apply)
- Heating swimming pool & children’s wading pool
- Children’s playground
- Table tennis table & Pool table
- Coin-operated guest laundry
- Onsite convenience store
- Boat ramp 800 metres from the park
- LPG refills available
- Disabled facilities including ramp access.
Noosa North Shore Retreat Tourist Park
A short trip across the Noosa River and you can find the North Shore Retreat Tourist Park. Another recent caravan and camping ground to now allow pets. Dogs are allowed at powered and unpowered camping sites (not cabins).
The tourist park includes a pool and shared bathroom amenities with paid showers available. Unfortunately braziers, open fires, and generators are not allowed.
The park is set within lush bushland away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Noosa with easy access to the 4WD beaches of Noosa North Shore, Cooloola and up to Double Island Point and Rainbow Beach.
- 3 Swimming pools
- Tennis court
- Free onsite parking
- Corner store
- Laundry facilities
- Meeting and conference facilities
- Noosa North shore Getaway Bar & Bistro
What To Take with you when camping with a dog
- Leash & Collar.
- Harness or dog carrier for the car.
- Poop bags or something to take dog waste away with you.
- Food, water, and dishes. It’s best to always pack more than required in case of emergency or plan changes.
- Toys and treats.
- Suitable brush for when doggy gets dirty
- Glow sticks are a great way to keep track of where your dog is at night.