12v Air Compressor Comparison Table
|Bushranger 55X23 Max Air III 12V Portable Compressor|
|Air Compressor Thumper Max Portable Twin 300L/min 4×4 Off-road Tyre Inflator Hose|
|Astro-AI Portable Air Compressor Pump|
|VacLife Air Compressor Tire Inflator, DC 12V Portable Air Compressor|
|HAUSBELL Portable Air Compressor|
Caravan Gas Heaters Reviews - Australia 2023
Truma VarioHeat Gas Heater
The Truma VarioHeat Gas Heater is a popular choice among caravanners and outdoor enthusiasts seeking reliable and efficient heating solutions for their adventures. Known for its compact design and impressive performance, this gas heater has garnered widespread praise for its ability to keep caravans cozy even in colder climates. Below, we’ll explore the pros and cons of the Truma VarioHeat and determine whether it is a good heater and who it’s ideal for.
What we like
- Compact and Space-Saving: The Truma VarioHeat’s compact design makes it easy to install in various caravan models, even those with limited available space.
- Efficient Heating: With a powerful heating capacity, the VarioHeat quickly warms up the interior of the caravan, ensuring a comfortable living space during chilly nights.
- Energy-Efficient: This gas heater is renowned for its fuel efficiency, allowing caravanners to make the most of their gas supply during extended trips.
- User-Friendly Controls: The VarioHeat comes with intuitive controls and a built-in thermostat, making it easy to adjust the temperature and maintain a cozy atmosphere inside the caravan.
- Quiet Operation: Caravan enthusiasts appreciate the VarioHeat for its quiet operation, ensuring a peaceful and undisturbed camping experience.
- Safety Features: Truma prioritizes safety, equipping the VarioHeat with essential features like automatic shut-off and flame failure protection, providing peace of mind during use.
What we don't like
- Initial Cost: The Truma VarioHeat gas heater may have a higher upfront cost compared to some other caravan heaters, which could be a consideration for budget-conscious travelers.
- Ventilation Requirements: Like all gas heaters, proper ventilation is crucial when using the VarioHeat to prevent the buildup of potentially harmful gases inside the caravan.
Eberspacher Airtronic D2
The Eberspacher Airtronic D2 gas heater is a highly regarded heating solution among campers and travelers seeking efficient and reliable warmth during their adventures. Renowned for its exceptional heating performance and versatility, the Airtronic D2 has become a popular choice for those exploring the great outdoors. Below, we’ll delve into the pros and cons of this gas heater, assess its overall performance, and identify who would benefit most from its use.
What we like
- Powerful Heating Performance: The Eberspacher Airtronic D2 boasts a high heating capacity, rapidly warming up the interior of caravans, motorhomes, or camper vans, making it suitable for various-sized living spaces.
- Fuel Efficiency: It is lauded for its excellent fuel efficiency, helping travelers optimize their gas consumption during extended journeys.
- Diesel-Powered: As a diesel heater, the Airtronic D2 offers advantages such as access to readily available diesel fuel at most service stations and camping supply outlets.
- Silent Operation: One of the standout features of the Airtronic D2 is its whisper-quiet operation, ensuring peaceful nights and minimal noise disruptions.
- Continuous Heating: The Airtronic D2 can be set to run continuously, providing a consistent heat source without the need for manual intervention.
- Suitable for Off-Grid Camping: Ideal for off-grid adventurers, the Eberspacher Airtronic D2 operates independently of electrical power, relying solely on the vehicle’s fuel supply.
What we don't like
- Initial Cost: The Airtronic D2 typically comes with a higher upfront cost compared to some other heaters, which might be a consideration for budget-conscious travelers.
- Installation Complexity: Installing the Airtronic D2 may require some technical expertise, and professional installation is recommended to ensure proper setup and safety.
Webasto Diesel Heater
Introducing the Webasto Diesel Heater – a powerful and efficient heating solution that has earned its spot on our top 5 list of caravan and RV gas heaters. Designed to provide reliable warmth during camping and traveling adventures, the Webasto Diesel Heater stands out for its impressive heating capacity and fuel efficiency. Operating independently of the vehicle’s engine, this heater ensures continuous comfort even in off-grid camping scenarios. With its quiet operation and ability to withstand various weather conditions, the Webasto Diesel Heater has become a favorite choice among campervan and caravan owners, making it an indispensable companion for those seeking a cozy and peaceful camping experience throughout their journeys.
What we like
- Powerful Heating Capacity: The Webasto Diesel Heater offers a robust heating capacity, efficiently warming up the interior of caravans, motorhomes, campervans, and even boats.
- Fuel Efficiency: As a diesel-powered heater, the Webasto Diesel Heater is known for its exceptional fuel efficiency, allowing travelers to make the most of their diesel supply during extended journeys.
- Independent Operation: The heater operates independently of the vehicle’s engine, ensuring continuous heating even when the engine is off, making it ideal for off-grid camping.
- Silent Operation: The Webasto Diesel Heater operates quietly, providing a peaceful and undisturbed camping experience.
- Suitable for Various Environments: Designed to withstand various weather conditions, the Webasto Diesel Heater performs efficiently in both cold and humid environments.
- Remote Control Options: Some models of the Webasto Diesel Heater come with remote control capabilities, allowing users to adjust the temperature and settings from a distance.
What we don't like
- Installation Complexity: Professional installation is recommended to ensure proper setup and safety, and the installation process may require technical expertise.
- Initial Cost: The Webasto Diesel Heater may have a higher upfront cost compared to some other heaters, which could be a consideration for budget-conscious travelers.
Propex HS2000 Gas Heater
Introducing the Propex HS2000 Gas Heater – a versatile and reliable heating solution that has secured its place on our top 5 list of caravan and RV gas heaters. Designed to deliver exceptional performance, the Propex HS2000 offers campers and travelers efficient heating for their adventures. With its compact size and quiet operation, this gas heater has become a popular choice for those seeking a comfortable and peaceful camping experience. In this review, we will explore the pros and cons of the Propex HS2000 Gas Heater, evaluate its overall performance, and identify who would benefit most from its use.
What we like
- Compact Design: The Propex HS2000’s compact size makes it suitable for a variety of caravan and campervan installations, even in limited spaces.
- Quiet Operation: This gas heater operates silently, ensuring minimal noise disturbances and a peaceful environment during restful nights.
- Reliable Heating Performance: The HS2000 efficiently warms up the interior of caravans, providing a cozy living space during colder camping trips.
- Energy Efficient: Known for its fuel efficiency, the Propex HS2000 optimizes gas consumption for extended use during travels.
- User-Friendly Controls: Equipped with straightforward controls and a thermostat, the heater allows easy temperature adjustments for optimal comfort.
What we don't like
- Ventilation Requirements: Proper ventilation is essential when using the Propex HS2000 Gas Heater to maintain a safe and healthy indoor environment.
- Installation: While it can be installed as a DIY project, some users might require professional assistance for proper setup and safety compliance.
Suburban Direct Vent Gas Heater
The Suburban Direct Vent Gas Heater – a versatile and efficient heating solution that has earned its place on our top 5 list of caravan and RV gas heaters. Designed to deliver consistent warmth to various areas within caravans or motorhomes, the Suburban Direct Vent Gas Heater has garnered widespread acclaim among campers and travelers alike. In this review, we will explore the pros and cons of this gas heater, assess its overall performance, and identify who would benefit most from its use.
What we like
- Ducted Heating: The Suburban Direct Vent Gas Heater offers the convenience of ducted heating, allowing it to distribute warm air to multiple areas within the caravan or motorhome for even and efficient heating.
- Reliable and Consistent Heating: With its powerful heating capacity, the Suburban Direct Vent Gas Heater ensures a comfortable and cozy interior even during colder camping trips.
- Safety Features: This gas heater is equipped with essential safety features, including automatic shut-off mechanisms for added peace of mind during use.
- Easy Controls: The heater comes with user-friendly controls and a thermostat, allowing campers to adjust the temperature to their desired comfort level easily.
- Suitable for Various Environments: The Suburban Direct Vent Gas Heater is designed to withstand various weather conditions, making it ideal for adventurers exploring diverse landscapes.
What we don't like
- Ventilation Requirements: Proper ventilation is crucial when using the Suburban Direct Vent Gas Heater to ensure the release of combustion gases and maintain a healthy indoor environment.
- Installation: Some users might require professional installation to set up the ducted heating system and ensure safety compliance.
What to look for: Caravan Gas Heater Buyers Guide
Choosing the right caravan gas heater involves more than just browsing through options. It requires a thoughtful assessment of your specific needs, travel preferences, and safety considerations. With an array of heaters available on the market, each boasting unique features and capabilities, finding the perfect one may seem like a daunting task.
Fear not, fellow outdoors enthusiasts, for this comprehensive buyer’s guide is crafted to assist you in navigating the world of caravan gas heaters with ease. We’ll walk you through the essential factors to consider, ensuring you make a well-informed decision that enhances your camping and touring adventures.
Heating Capacity and Size
Determine the appropriate heating capacity needed to warm your caravan’s interior space effectively. Consider the heater’s size and whether it fits comfortably in your available installation space.
Explore the different types of caravan gas heaters available, such as catalytic heaters, radiant heaters, or forced-air heaters. Each type has its advantages and disadvantages, depending on your preferences and camping style.
Prioritise safety when choosing a gas heater. Look for features like automatic shut-off mechanisms for low oxygen levels, tip-over protection, and flame failure devices to prevent accidents.
Assess the heater’s fuel efficiency to ensure it maximizes the use of gas while providing consistent warmth, thus extending your caravan’s range on a single gas cylinder.
Consider the power source for your gas heater, whether it connects to the caravan’s gas supply or requires a separate gas cylinder. Choose the option that best aligns with your setup and convenience.
Check the installation process and requirements for the gas heater. Some models may demand professional installation, while others offer simple DIY setup.
For a peaceful camping experience, opt for a caravan gas heater that operates quietly, especially if you’re sensitive to noise during sleep or relaxation.
Controls and Thermostat
Look for user-friendly controls and a thermostat that allows you to regulate the temperature easily, ensuring a comfortable environment inside your caravan.
Durability and Build Quality
Invest in a gas heater built to withstand the rigors of travel and changing weather conditions, ensuring it lasts for many camping trips to come.
Consider the ventilation requirements of the gas heater to maintain a healthy and adequately circulated atmosphere inside the caravan.
Energy Source Availability
Assess the availability of gas refill stations or camping sites that provide the type of gas your heater requires, especially if you plan to travel to remote locations.
If you value versatility and may need to use the heater outside the caravan occasionally, consider a portable gas heater that can be used both indoors and outdoors.
Set a budget range and explore gas heaters within that range, balancing cost with quality and essential features.
By carefully assessing these factors and understanding your specific needs, you can confidently select a caravan gas heater that complements your nomadic lifestyle and provides a warm and cozy retreat amidst the beauty of nature.
With the right gas heater in tow, you’re all set for countless memorable and comfortable adventures ahead. Happy camping!
Popular Caravan Gas Heaters Questions
As an outdoors enthusiast researching caravan gas heaters in Australia, you may encounter several common questions and their corresponding answers. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions and their responses:
Q: What type of gas do caravan gas heaters in Australia use?
A: Caravan gas heaters in Australia commonly use LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas), which is readily available at most service stations and camping supply stores.
Q: Are caravan gas heaters safe to use inside the caravan?
A: Yes, caravan gas heaters are designed with safety features such as automatic shut-off mechanisms and oxygen depletion sensors to ensure safe indoor use. However, it’s essential to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and keep the area adequately ventilated.
Q: Can I install a caravan gas heater myself, or do I need a professional?
A: Some caravan gas heaters are suitable for DIY installation, but others may require professional installation to ensure proper safety and compliance. Check the specific model’s installation guidelines and your own capabilities before deciding.
Q: How much gas does a caravan gas heater consume?
A: The gas consumption of a caravan gas heater varies depending on its type, heating capacity, and usage. Efficient models can last several days on a single gas cylinder, but it’s best to refer to the manufacturer’s specifications for accurate consumption rates.
Q: Can I use a caravan gas heater while driving?
A: It’s generally not recommended to use a caravan gas heater while driving, as it poses safety risks. Gas heaters are designed for stationary use when the caravan is parked and properly ventilated.
Q: Are there alternatives to gas heaters for caravans?
A: Yes, there are alternative heating options, such as diesel heaters or electric heaters, which some caravanners prefer based on their specific needs and available power sources.
Q: How do I maintain a caravan gas heater?
A: Regular maintenance is crucial to keep the gas heater functioning efficiently and safely. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for cleaning and inspecting the heater, and have it serviced by a qualified professional as recommended.
Q: Can I use a caravan gas heater in all weather conditions?
A: Caravan gas heaters are designed to perform in various weather conditions, but extreme weather (very high or low temperatures) may impact their efficiency. In extremely cold conditions, additional insulation can help improve heating performance.
Q: Can I run the caravan gas heater all night?
A: Some gas heaters are designed for continuous operation, but it’s essential to ensure proper ventilation and monitor gas levels to avoid running out during the night. If you plan to leave it running while sleeping, make sure the heater is in good condition and follow safety precautions.
Q: Can I use a caravan gas heater with a small gas bottle?**
A: Yes, many gas heaters are compatible with small gas bottles commonly used in caravans. However, larger gas bottles may provide a longer operating time between refills.
Always consult with experts or the manufacturer if you have specific concerns or questions about a particular caravan gas heater model. Safety should always be a top priority when using gas appliances in a caravan.